AFTERCARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
- After 3 hours, remove the bandage gently and wash with warm water and mild soap. DO NOT REBANDANGE.
- Apply a thin film of A&D Ointment 3 times a day for the next 2 days. After 2 days, use a hand lotion like Aquaphor or Lubriderm until skin returns to its pre-tattoo condition.
- Stay out of sunlight and tanning booths until tattoo is healed, at least 10-14 days.
- Do not soak tattoo in tub, sauna, Jacuzzi or go swimming while your new tattoo is healing. Showers are fine.
- Do not rub or pick the treated area while it is healing. Loss or color and/or infection could occur.
- Extreme sun and exposure over the years can and will fade your tattoo. This can be minimized by using a strong sunscreen, at least SP25.
- Your tattoo should completely heal in 6-8 weeks. Should you have any problems or questions call The Pittsburgh Tattoo Studio at (412) 343-2064.
AFTERCARE FOR YOUR PIERCING
ALL PIERCING AFTERCARE SHOULD BE PREFORMED FOR 2 WEEKS
- You will have to clean your piercing 2 to 3 times a day with either an antibacterial soap or a sea salt solution (such as H2Ocean).
- Wash your hands thoroughly. Never touch your piercing or jewelry with dirty hands.
- Do not play with the new piercing. When clothing is in contact with the piercing, make sure it is clean, loose and breathable.
- Swimming: Chlorine can over dry a new piercing. It is best to avoid soaking in pools and hot tubs. Stay away from rivers and lakes while healing; they are full of bacteria. In cases of accidental exposure, clean your piercing immediately afterwards.
Wash your piercing and jewelry 2 to 3 times a day with an antibacterial soap making sure to thoroughly rinse off all traces of soap.
SEA SALT ( H2Ocean)
Spray 2 to 3 times a day with solution and allow to air dry.
Rinse you mouth with an alcohol free mouthwash 2 to 3 times a day and after everything you eat, drink, or smoke. Advil, Aleve or Motrin will help with swelling.
Should you have any problems or questions call The Pittsburgh Tattoo Studio at (412) 343-2064.